Friday, June 29, 2007

LOOK OUT - I AM COMING HOME!!

Yep, you heard it right. I am coming home for a week or so. Unfortunately, it is only me. It is really hard to leave the family at home. I wouldn't have even come except...I am not bashful - The reason I am coming home is to raise funds for the next school year (and subsequent ones, I hope). In the past, I would be embarrassed to even say that, and, although I don't necessarily like it, the Lord's will for me is to attend the ITI which requires that I do this. No matter what, it is a joy to do God's will...

Anyway, I am really excited to have the opportunity to give a talk while I am there. The title is "Make Straight the Paths of the Lord". I will present it at Holy Apostles on Monday night, July 16th, @ 7:00 pm in the Dining Room. I will be using the Pope's new book, Jesus of Nazareth, Guardini's, The Lord, and the Carmelite Doctors (in honor of the 16th being the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel) as the sources and foundation for it. The talk will focus on seeing Jesus, and his message, as it really is and the radical response to which it invites us. All of this in the context of and with the aim of freeing us, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to "make straight the paths of the Lord" directly to the core of our life and our being.

There is also a dinner on Saturday where you can come, eat, and visit. I am not sure of the details to be honest. Check out the HA bulletin. I believe it will be in there, or check back here and I will try to get all the details.

We are doing newsletters again. Shorter and hopefully more frequent. The newsletters are up at another site called "The Friends of Mike Lee Family" at www.friendsofmikelee.org. It is run by a wonderful group of folks that are coordinating fundraising and support for us. THANKS FOTMLF!! You guys are the hands and feet of Christ to my family. AND thanks to all of you who pray for us and support us in any way. We simply couldn't do this without you!





I hope to see you in a couple weeks....I will be the guy sitting in air conditioning, with a beefsteak in one hand, and a Pacific Northwest Microbrew in the other!!

3 comments:

Deacon Bill Burns said...

I think my daughter will be at camp that night, and I'll have to have something to do. See you then.

Anonymous said...

We look forward to seeing you!!
The Swanke family

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning! :-)

The entire CMAP Alumni Association is planning on front row seats (2) on the 16th!

April